John Giorgi says wellness is a broadly-defined concept, but whichever school of thought you follow, there are common aspects within each definition. The first thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to provide constant effort to achieve the ultimate state of wellness. It is broadly associated with a healthy lifestyle and also living choices, but it transcends the confines of general health. Wellness encompasses a positive outlook for your mind, body, and soul.
You can view wellness as a quality, state, or process. Wellness can be very complex, but according to our expert, it shouldn’t be. It is all about making positive choices in your life and live to the fullest.
There are several categories of wellness, and also in the following section, we will look at the main types of wellness. Keep in mind that being aware will allow you to plan and enjoy your life better.
According to John Giorgi, emotional wellness is all about concentrating on your thoughts, feelings, and also behaviors. Keep in mind if you can recognize and also accept your feelings, you will adapt to life better irrespective of positive or negative outcomes. Adapt to life, challenges, and stress better to deal with difficult times.
Here are some ways to improve your emotional wellness.
- Learn to be optimistic about your life
- Accept your emotions – both good and the bad
- Build and continuously maintain strong relationships
- Stay in the moment
- Practice mindfulness regularly
- Smile more
- Maintain work and life balance
- Get plenty of sleep each night
- Manage stress through professional help, if and when necessary
Spiritual wellbeing is the process that enables you to find the meaning and also the purpose of life. You can achieve spiritual wellness through religion, prayer, meditation, yoga, and even by looking inward towards your morals, values, and belief systems.
Here is how you can improve your spiritual wellness.
- Practice organized religion
- Perform positive affirmations regularly
- Appreciate the natural forces of the universe
- Practice yoga
- Forgive and forget every occasion where someone wronged
- Explore your inner self
- Dig deep to explore and learn more about the things you are curious about
- Practice acceptance
- Learn to take responsibility for your failures
- But, don’t be too hard on yourself and instead focus on learning better
Physical wellness is all about keeping your body in the optimal condition of health. You can achieve physical wellness through a balanced diet, exercise, and also self-control.
Here is how you can improve your physical wellness
- Exercise regularly for at-least 30-minutes
- Go for a well-balanced diet
- Always control your portions
- Eat breakfast every day without fail
- Always practice safe sex
- Go for routine physical exams with your primary care provider
- Get enough sleep at night
- Commit to a smoking-free lifestyle
- Limit the consumption of alcohol and avoid drugs
- Be aware of the signs your body provides and also take actions accordingly
We sincerely hope that our post makes you aware of overall wellness to better your life.